Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceQuotations · 6 years ago

Quote about how the people you know/are friends with defining you/making you who you are?

I know I've heard several quotes similar to this, but I can't find them or their sources. Help?

Favorite Answer

• You are enough. You are exactly who you need to be. And anyone who doesn't see that, who doesn't like you for who you are...well, those people are not meant to be your friends. [paraphrasing Lisa Unger in Darkness, My Old Friend]

• The most beautiful discovery true friends can make is that they can grow separately without growing apart. [Elisabeth Foley]

• True friends can (and should) have differing ideas, outlooks, circumstances (that make their relationship more interesting) and yet still be friends who share their lives, emotion, and thoughts. {Alema Pequoia}

• The difficulty is not so great to die for a friend, as to find a friend worth dying for. [Homer]

• The only lasting lesson I’ve learned in life is that nothing counts except family and friends…. When you get to the end of the road, money, success, fame, power, all of the things we kill each other for, fade into insignificance. The joke is, it’s usually too late to make use of that knowledge. [James Lee Burke in Light of the World]

• Winning is getting what you want without losing who you are. {Alema Pequoia}

• What we like in others is what we aspire to in ourselves. If what we see in the other person is despicable, we need to find another person to befriend. {Alema Pequoia}

• Tell me who admires and loves you, and I will tell you who you are. [Antoine de Saint-Exupery]

• When the character of a man is not clear to you, look at his friends. [Japanese proverb]

Source(s): 68

You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.

Jim Rohn