Ramadan: how can we remove racism among ourselves?

I am an South Asian Muslim....Nobody likes me, even my own Muslim brothers would show attitude with me because they think I am lower in status and in deen just because I dont have white skin like them and I look ugly. Not everybody is like that, but most are, just breaks my heart.....How and by who our brains got corrupted the way it is that we judge people by the color of their skin and how they look, something that Allah has chosen for us, something we didn't have any control over, and do not have any control now either......Breaks my heart so badly.... :(

• Mintee
    Favorite Answer

ok, first off, dont take offense at my point of view..

I live in SaudiArabia, im a western muslim.. we have many people coming from east Asian countries to work for us here in Saudi..

Yes a lot of people seem to rank someone on their color, and nationality..

I try not to do that.. I know God made all us equally.. even in the Quran, God tells us that he made us into tribes and nations to know each other, not to despise each other..

the thing is.. setting color, race, country of origin aside.. some people come in with a chip on their shoulders with this attitude that everyone will hate them before they even know everyone..

I give respect when I get it.. If some man is out there sweeping my street of the stray dog or cat poo.. I will still say Salaam Alaikum to him and give a friendly smile.. its respect of human nature to me.. and that person will give the same back..

but if he has this attitude and grimace on his face that he feels lower than me, that is his own problem and own self esteem he needs to deal with..

so im telling you.. get rid of this attitude you have.. not everyone will think lowly of you. Hold your head up. smile, great people, be positive, helpful, mindful of your deen and people will see you as the good man you are and respect you for it..

if someone doesnt, then they are not worth knowing or even wasting time on.. leave the loosers alone..

Salam Really we should( not only can)remove racism among ourselves because there is no racialism in Islam Islam is dedicated for whole humans on this earth not only for Arab people.We are the same i front of Allah You have the same status with me as South Asian Muslim The difference lies only in our taqwa.I like you my dear sister.We have the same skin color maybe I am darker than you But I do not care it The most important is our deen

I can understand that feeling, I have been discriminated for not being a born muslim, though ignorantly but it still hurt a lot, but at the end we come to realize that how these people judge us is not going to matter.

The only Judge is Allah SWT and we should only strive for His approval, He SWT knows what's in every heart and judges by it only. In the beginning it would be hard but as you strive to please Allah and live for his sake and according to His guidance, all these little things won't matter anymore, believe me.

In Saheeh al-Bukhari, the Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam says:

“When Allah subhaanahu wa ta’aala loves someone, he calls Jibreel and Allah then says, ‘Ya Jibreel! Inni uhibbu fulan! (Oh Jibreel! Verily, I love such and such a person, so love him!)’”

And Allah names that person and then Jibreel loves that person. Then Jibreel calls out to all the angels of the heavens and he says, “Allah loves so and so, so love him!”and so all the angels love him. And then Allah places pleasure in the hearts of the people towards this person!”

So you see, we should first try to please and strive for Allah's approval and everything else just follows and even if it doesn't, you know that you will have a sound heart

I don't know a whole awful lot about Islam, but I think you should bring up the point that Allah is the God of ALL of you, and that in his eyes, you're all just men (or people or humans, or you know, mankind). Remind them of the teachings of Allah that promote community within Muslim communities.

racism is just another form of discrimination

discrimination is a normal,though unacceptable trait amongst man.

the only way it will be eradicated is if everyone publicly condemns those that carry out the act

All you can do is look at the people who went to jail and died for that hollicost life is not fair

By looking at the character of the person and not what is outside.

Sad but it's happening.