Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsOther - Electronics · 8 years ago

electric static discharge shipping/packaging electronic cellphones question?

Do you need to be careful when packaging cellphones and mailing them? Do cellphones need to be shipped in antistatic bubble wrap or will be okay to ship iphones, android phones, etc. in regular bubble wrap and plastic bags? I don't mean parts inside the phones, just the phone itself like you buy a phone and get it shipped to you in a factory box. I don't have the factory box to put it in. Are they like computer parts that need antistatic wrap? I would think it would be okay since you walk around with them all the time. I just am asking since I have learned about ESD in computers.

Favorite Answer

it wouldn't hurt, either way I would wrap them in something even if it just bubble wrap to protect it while shipping, but it would be fine without the antistatic.