Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 7 years ago

Information on draconequus that's NOT discord or mlp related?

I remember when the episode first came out I immediately looked it up and found a few small pages, but now they're gone and everything on draconequus is just mlp stuff. Where do I go to find out more about them?

Favorite Answer

Nowhere really. It was just a creature made up for the show, with "dracon-equus" meaning "dragon-horse" in Latin. I suppose technically Discord or any proposed draconequus could be considered a chimera, which is a Greek word for a mythical being made up of a conglomerate of animals, but that doesn't really answer your question. Sorry I couldn't help more, but I'm afraid there is no decent answer.

draconequus is its own myth. A type of chimera yes but it is separate since the Chimera Is a lion a goat and a snake.

Oh cool, I didn t know that. It s just I was reading the book "Rarity and The Curious Case of Charity," and I happened to find the word "draconequus and I was wondering what it meant. Now I know. 😊