Canada, how should I apply?

I want to Go to Canada in feburary. I have a danish technical gymnasium (=highschool/college) education. I plan to work there for 2-6 months. By the time I am staying there I should be able to know whether I should apply for a canadian bachelors education or not. Money, right now, is no problem. But i want to spend them wisely.

in short: should I apply for a temporary work permit? or a permanent work-permit or a study permit?

I am in the beginning process.

Best Oliver

Favorite Answer

Oliver you are going in the wrong order.

You cannot come to Canada and work just because you want to.

To get into a Canadian University you need very good marks.You apply for a seat in class. If you should get one then is the time to apply for a student/study visa.

It is possible to Apply for a study/work visa. Your main activity is STUDY you MAY be able to get part time work only to help with some of your costs.

After you finish school is when the possibility of a Permanent visa would be. Then it would be important to have Education in a needed field of high demand in Canada. For example Medical Degrees and Engineering. CEC Canadian Experience Class Visa

This may be what you are looking for

IEC International Experience Canada

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/denmark-danem... There are still some left for this year for Danish Students.

PLEASE Answer ALL questions 'Does not Apply" is an answer A BLANK SPACE is no answer.

The page I gave also has a link for study in Canada.

IEC visum er let at få. Det vigtigste krav er ingen straffeattest og et godt helbred. Det er sat op for studerende til et midlertidigt ophold

• C.M. C

Oliver, what are your intentions? If your to apply for a study or students visa, you need to be accepted by the university first. You can not apply for a permanent work permit, I think you mean permanent resident, and by your own post, you do not qualify under our skills assessment.

The only thing left for you is a temporary work permit. I think the best option for you, is get to a Canadian Representative office, and start there.

• opurt

Sounds like you're looking for something like a Working Holiday visa.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/denmark-danem...

You can't get a study visa without being already accepted into a Canadian school, and regular work visas can be hard to get.

Contact the Canadian embassy or consulate (addresses on the web).

Contact immigration olly and see what happens. u have to decide what to apply for.