Is it normal to become more introverted and shy as you get older?

When I was in my early teen years, I was super outgoing. I went to all the parties, hung out all the time, etc. I was the girl who was a little ahead of her age and started doing stuff way before everyone else. Now that I'm getting older... I'm about at that "young adult" age mark now and I'm... show more When I was in my early teen years, I was super outgoing. I went to all the parties, hung out all the time, etc. I was the girl who was a little ahead of her age and started doing stuff way before everyone else. Now that I'm getting older... I'm about at that "young adult" age mark now and I'm different... Yes, I still like to go out and date and stuff, but I'm super shy... I can't talk to anyone. I feel like I have a social problem... I go all out of my way to not talk to people, but I'm not depressed. I'm terrified of the thought of partying and I even take classes online now so I don't have to face people. I know a lot of people will say I'm maturing and probably working more towards my future goals, but honestly, that's not it. I don't feel any more mature than I was and I'm still having a hard time focusing on school.