Should I quit my night shift job?

I started a job 3 weeks ago now. It's seasonal and will be working 12 hour days 7 day weeks for the next month and a half. However now they spring on me that I have to work a different location, 1 hour 20 min drive, in the middle of nowhere - and it's going to be night shift!!!

This means. 12 hours work, 7 days a week and 2.40 hours travel time which leaves not much time for anything else?

I don't physically know if I can do it, i'm female and the work involves heavy lifting manual work in a winery.

Should i quit or stop being a silly tart and stick it out?

Thanks xxxxxxxxxx

• Favorite Answer

Run the numbers. If it makes sense for the money you are paid, it's only a temp job. If you absolutely hate it, then go look for another job during the day. Don't quit your job until you find another job.

2

Source(s): Take Surveys Get Money - http://OnlineSurveys.iukiy.com/?WgUe

Ring CAB.

The work you do sound exploitative.

Are you a recent immigrant?

Seasonal, field/farm work and long hours often is offered to them. But you do have rights so get advice asap.

Good luck.

I recommend you find a different place of work. Better so, Cancel the night shift.