How dumb will I look using an umbrella in Portland?

So kind of a funny question- My husband and I are moving to Portland at the end of the month. Where we're from, it gets freezing cold in the winter with plenty of snow (late November-early April it rarely gets above freezing). What we don't get is lots of rain (too cold to rain). I'm used to dealing... show more So kind of a funny question- My husband and I are moving to Portland at the end of the month. Where we're from, it gets freezing cold in the winter with plenty of snow (late November-early April it rarely gets above freezing). What we don't get is lots of rain (too cold to rain). I'm used to dealing with snow and freezing temps., but not a steady drizzle of rain for months at a time. I am one of those people who walks everywhere and rarely drives my car, regardless of weather, and I plan to do the same when we move up there. What I can't deal with is precipitation getting on my glasses making it so I can't see. I carry an umbrella when it snows or rains here. My hair is long enough to sit on, and I normally wear it up in a bun, so the kind of hats that would keep rain off my glasses literally don't fit on my head. I have heard so much about people in Oregon laughing about using umbrellas, I'm wondering just how "out of place" will using one make me?
Update: A hunch- I have long hair for 2 good reasons. First, my husband finds it attractive, and really he's the only person I care about impressing with my looks. Second, whether I wear it in a bun, braid it or wear it down, it take me under 10 minutes. There's no way I could waste an hour every morning doing my... show more A hunch- I have long hair for 2 good reasons. First, my husband finds it attractive, and really he's the only person I care about impressing with my looks. Second, whether I wear it in a bun, braid it or wear it down, it take me under 10 minutes. There's no way I could waste an hour every morning doing my hair. And as kind of a bonus, my husband can trim my hair a few times a year, which saves tons of money over going to a salon and getting fancy cuts every month plus all the expensive, toxic chemicals needed to maintain fancy hairstyles.
Update 2: As for carrying an umbrella, that's a whole lot more "visible" than my hair and I don't want to stick out too much as an "outsider". It's pretty irritating when people move here and dress up like cowboys (which none of the locals do), and I just don't want to move somewhere else... show more As for carrying an umbrella, that's a whole lot more "visible" than my hair and I don't want to stick out too much as an "outsider". It's pretty irritating when people move here and dress up like cowboys (which none of the locals do), and I just don't want to move somewhere else and make a complete *** of myself.