Matt 28 :19 Baptize people in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit:?

I can not find one verse where the Apostles or any Disciples did this.

From Acts on they all Baptized people in the Name of Jesus ONLY.

Some Say Early Bibles Before 325 read to baptize in Jesus' Name only.

Please find me a verse where the First Christians used

Baptized people in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

This Is A Very Serious Find. In the last Days Truth will become abundant Daniel 12:4 This is Shocking New News to Most People.

YOU Won’t find a single verse WHERE ANY

Apostle or First Christians used the words

Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost when baptizing anyone

Because The Correctores-of-[Constantine] added the words

Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost

To support the Nicene Creed—

Many Historical Researchers

That tract all Original Bible Verses have tract this back to 325 onward.

And have thrown up The “BIG RED FLAG” on Matt 28:19

Which Reads in Bibles after 325.

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the

Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

The Problem Is That them Words: Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.In Matthew 28:19 does not appear in any ancient manuscripts prior to the fourth century.

They Were Added by The Correctores-of-[Constantine]

Who Were The Correctores?

Get the details in Web Results

Source Open

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&... &ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&... 28:19 Spurious text, put there by "Correctores"&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Adding: these and there are more words added, Changed, Altered or Substituted to meet Bias theology.

Put YOUR TRUST in Biblical Libraries And the Best New Bibles

with Built in commentary.

Most all Sincere Bible Truth Seekers need to investigate this to the fullest

Especially if YOUR Preacher did NOT imitate what the Apostles and First Christians

Actually did AND SAID when they Baptized Someone.

For Baptism Verses Open Acts 2:38 Acts 8:16 Acts 10:48 Acts 19:5 Rom 6:3 Gal 3:27

Open http://www.2001translation.com/MATTHEW.htm#_name

http://www.2001translation.com/MATTHEW.htm#_name

Open

http://simplebibletruths.net/BibleWordsChanged.htm

NWT also reads Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit

So YOU Can not Blame The JWs For This

But Have This

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/bible-teac... /

More Reliable Sources

http://search.aol.com/aol/search?s_it=topsearchbox... the last Day truth will become abundant Bible verse

For Baptism Verses

Open Acts 2:38 Acts 8:16 Acts 10:48 Acts 19:5 Rom 6:3 Gal 3:27

This is not surprising to Bible Verse Historians

Because Trinitarians HAVE Charged 1John 5:7 and 1Tim 3:6 To support

the Trinity.

OPEN

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Historical_Account...

Matt 28:19 Should Simply Read

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the My

Name Jesus---Not 3 in 1 To support the Nicene Creed—

Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

As the 2001 Translations Renders it

Open http://www.2001translation.com/MATTHEW.htm#

• Lisa5 years agoReport

Finally someone who knows something here. The division of opinion here is the cause of so many denominations. I am going to save your info in my E-Sword program. I knew those words were added and not in the original. (older writings actually, original is gone). Keep up the great work

• Login to reply the answers
  • Tiger
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

You baptize to Jesus, you baptize to the Father and the Holy Spirit too.

Matthew 28

The Great Commission

16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

28:18 All authority. See 11:27; Jn 3:35. Absolute sovereign authority—lordship over all—is handed to Christ, “in heaven and on earth.” This is clear proof of His deity. The time of His humiliation was at an end, and God had exalted Him above all (Php 2:9–11).

28:19 therefore. I.e., on the basis of His authority, the disciples were sent to “make disciples of all the nations.” The sweeping scope of their commission is consummate with His unlimited authority. in the name of the Father … Son … Holy Spirit. The formula is a strong affirmation of trinitarianism.

28:20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you. The kind of evangelism called for in this commission does not end with the conversion of the unbeliever.

I am with you. There’s a touching echo of the beginning of Matthew’s gospel here. Immanuel, which is translated, “GOD WITH US” (1:23), remains “with” us “even to the end of the age”—i.e., until He returns bodily to judge the world and establish His earthly kingdom.

MIMI

Source(s): MacArthur Study Bible
  • 6 years ago

The form has always been in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Ghost) as commanded by Jesus Himself. When it states within Scripture to be baptized in the name of Jesus it's in regards to their faith in Jesus. As for St. Paul of Tarsus he baptizes in the name of the Lord Jesus and when some of the Christians of Ephesus didn't know of the Holy Spirit (Ghost) St. Paul of Tarsus asked them "In whom then were you baptized?"

Again water had always been used as the matter of baptism. Even though immersion in water was they prefered way to baptize it wasn't the only way. In desert regions where water is scarce Bishops would use palm branches as an aspergill in which they spinkled the water to baptize crowds of people.

• Lisa5 years agoReport

Baptism is Mikveh in Hebrew. Never sprinkled. Sounds like Catholic doctrine.
      And the name JESUS" He's Hebrew, not Greek. Its not even close. There was never a letter "J" until the 1500's... Learn Hebrew. You will be blessed with TRUTH.

• 6 years ago

I don't see too many Apostolic Pentecostals here. But isn't what you are saying, "Even though Jesus said to, since the Apostles are recorded by the writer of the Book of Acts as having done the exact same thing, the Bible or Jesus or both are wrong."

I KNOW the Apostolic Pentecostals would NEVER say that Jesus or the Bible was wrong. So . .. perhaps your "Jesus Only" doctrine is wrong?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Armor
    Lv 5
    6 years ago

It means the Spirit.

It's evidence for the trinity of God: one God (the name) who subsists in three Persons (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit). Each of the three is distinguished from the others; each possesses all the divine attributes; yet the three are one. This is a mystery that no analogy can illustrate satisfactorily. The sun, sunlight, and the power of the sun may come close to a suitable illustration. 1x1x1=1

• Lisa5 years agoReport

The God of the Bible is monotheistic. The bible clearly shows you that. Start reading in Genesis and go through Deuteronomy. Start there. There is no trinity. False doctrine. I left Catholicism (Babylon) for this reason alone. Man-made doctrine.

• 5 years ago

His name is not Jesus. The close variation to it would be Yahusha. Hebrew writings never had vowels, modern day has however. He is and always was a Hebrew. The letter "J" was not around until the 1500's.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

jesus is part of the trinity which is in matt. 28:19 , jesus is the main intercessor we call on when praying we don't say father ,son and holy spirit . like when some calls to you , do they call you by all names .

• 6 years ago

Baptism by fire does not literally mean a physical fire, it is a metaphor for the Holy Spirit.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Both methods are fine if both methods are in the Bible, yes?

• 5 years ago

WHEN JESUS SPEAKS IT IS RECORDED IN RED IN MOST BIBLES. NOW JESUS WALKED WITH THE 12 DISCIPLES FOR 3 AND ONE HALF YEARS. TEACHING THEM PREPARING THEM FOR HIS COMMISSION TO COME.. HE GAVE SPECIFIC COMMANDS TO THE DISCIPLES BEFORE HE LEFT. AND IF YOU PAY ATTENTION, HE GAVE THEM THE MOST IMPORTANT COMMANDS BEFORE THE END. HE COMMANDDED THEM TO BAPTIZE IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, SON, AND HOLY SPIRIT. HE COMMANDED THEM TOLD THEM AND DIRECTED THEM TO DO THIS IN THIS MANNER.

NOW DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT THE DISCIPLES WHO KNEW JESUS, SEEN WHO HE WAS AND ACCEPTED HIM AS THE SON OF GOD. AND MORE WHEN THEY SEEN HIM ASCEND INTO HEAVEN.

KNOWING ALL THIS, YOU THINK THAT PETER WOULD PURPOSELY BREAK THIS COMMAND ALREADY KNOWN AND GIVEN.

NO, MOM OR DAD TELLS US, LISTEN TO ME. FROM NOW ON THERE IS NO IFS OR BUTS ABOUT DOING YOUR HOMEWORK AFTER YOU HAVE DINNER EVERYDAY, MONDAY THRU THURDAY NIGHT. AND NO TV EITHER. AND I DON'T WANT YOU TO COME AND TELL ME OR GIVE ME ANY EXCUES OF ANY OTHER WAY THAT YOU WISH TO DO THIS. THIS IS MY COMMAND THIS IS HOW IT WILL BE.

NOW WHEN YOUR FRIENDS ASK YOU TO COME PLAY OR STAY AFTER SCHOOL OR DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT LIKE GOING TO A PARTY OR SO. WHAT IS YOUR RESPONSE.

I CAN'T, MOM AND DAD SAID I HAD TO DO MY HOMEWORK EVERYDAY AFTER DINNER MONDAY THRU THURSDAY.

YOU DON'T SAY MOM OR DAD GAVE ME A COMMAND AND COMMANDED ME TO DO MY HOMEWORK AND ON AND ON.

YOU ALREADY HAVE BEEN TOLD. YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO DO. IT STANDS WHY? BECAUSE OF THE AUTHORITY OF YOUR MOM OR DAD WHO CAMMANDED YOU TO DO IT.

THIS IS THE SAME, JESUS HAS SPOKEN HOW TO DO IT. THE APOSTLES NOW WERE NO GOING TO BREAK THIS COMMANDMENT SO GRAVE. THIS IS NOT THEM

WHEN PETER SAID IN ACTS 2:36-38 HE IS SAYING REPENT AND BE BAPTIZED IN THE NAME OF THE LORD JESUS.

HE WAS ASKED IN ACTS 4, UNDER WHAT COMMAND DO YOU DO THESES THINGS? AND HE ANSWERED UNDER THE AUTHORITY OF THE NAME OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST. HE GAVE THE AUTHORITY AND THE COMMAND TO DO IT.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND A LITTLE MORE ON WHAT IS GOING ON. THE APOSTLES WERE NOT GOING TO SAY EVERYTIME WHEN THEY BAPTIZED THAT THEY BAPTIZED UNDER THE COMMAND GIVEN BY JESUS TO BAPTIZE INT HE NAME OF THE FATHER AND OF THE SON AND OF THE HOLY SPIRIT EVERY SINGLE TIME.

THEY ALL KNEW THE COMMAND. SO IT IS EASIER TO SAY HE WAS BAPTIZED IN THE NAME OF JESUS

MEANING HE WAS BAPTIZED UNDER THE AUTHORITY OF THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST. WHOM HE HAD ALREADY TOLD US THAT ANYHTING THAT WE DO , DO IN HIS NAME ALSO.

EVERYTIME WE PRAY, OR ASK OR DO ANYTHING. WE END IT IN JESUS NAME. WE DON'T SPELL OUT THE COMMAND IN FULL EVERYTIME. IT IS TOO LONG AND EVERYONE ALREADY KNOWS IT.

THIS IS WHY PETER WOULD SAY IN THE NAME OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, DO IT. BECAUSE JESUS CHRIST HAS ALREADY GIVEN TO US THE AUTHORITY TO DO IT AND WE DO IT UNDER THE AUTHORITY OF JESUS CHRIST. BUT HOW? HE HAS ALREADY SPOKEN HOW?

\SO REALLY TO UNDERSTAND THIS BETTER, PETER SHOULD HAVE SAID, REPENT AND BE BAPTIZED IN THE NAME OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, UNDER THE AUTHORITY THAT HE HAS GIVEN TO GO AND BAPTIZE. SO UNDER THIS AUTHORITY, I BAPTIZE YOU IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, SON, AND HOLY SPIRIT.

SEE HOW LONG ALL THIS IS. SPECIALLY FOR THE SCRIBE TO WRITE ALL THIS EVERYTIME SOMEONE WAS BAPTIZED. IT COULD HAVE BEEN PETER SAYING THESES EXACT WORDS OR LUKE THE WRITER JUST SHORTENING IT. KNOWINGLY THAT THE COMMAND WAS ALREADY GIVEN AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT.

WE JUST LIKE TO MAKE THINGS DIFFICULT. THEY ARE SO MANY BELIEVERS THAT REALLY ARE UNBELIEVERS AND WANT TO QUESTION EVERYTHING THAT IS NOT SPECIFIC TO TRY AND DISSOLVE THE FAITH OF WHAT JESUS CHRIST ALREADY TOLD US. THIS IS ONLY LACK OF SEARCHING THE SCRIPTURES TO COME TO AN UNDERSTANDING OF THE WORD. REMEMBER THE WORD DOES NOT CONTRADICT ITSELF. IF IT SAYS SOMETHING YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, PRAY ABOUT IT AND ASK THE LORD TO SHOW YOU WITH HIS OWN WORD. NOT OTHER BOOKS OR COMMENTARIES. REMEMBER THAT COMMENTARIES ARE A DIME A DOZEN. NOT ALL COMMENTAIRES ARE CORRECT. IT IS ONLY A MAN'S VERSION OF THE WORD. BUT NOT ALL MEN THAT WROTE THIS COMMENTARIES ARE SPIRITUAL EITHER. THE SPIRIT HAS TO GIVE YOU THE UNDERSTANDING. IF NOW IT IS ONLY WORDS. REMEMBER, JEUS DOES NOT WANT TO CONFUSE, DIVIDE, BRING DOUBT NOR CASUE MISUNDERSTANDINGS. IF YOU READ AND THE WORDS SAY THIS. PRAY AND READ MORE TILL THE SPIRIT TELL YOU THE CORRECT UNDERSTANDING. TO UNOTE, BLESS, BRING LOVE AND PEACE AND SALVATION TO ALL. IN THE AUTHORITIVE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST, WE ASK. AMEN REVEREND D.G.O.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.