Joe asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 6 years ago

Should i play michael vick, matt ryan, or philip rivers this week?

Michael Vick vs giants, matt ryan vs jets, or phillip rivers vs raiders.....im going against drew brees so i need all the points i can get to compete against him hehhee....lemme know ur opinion on who i should start

Favorite Answer

To be honest with you, I like both Vick and Rivers this week. I have all three QBs on my rosters across 2 leagues. In my Standard 10 team league, I am starting Vick over Ryan. I answered this questions the last 2 weeks on yahoo, and suggested starting Ryan over Vick. Vick will be able to pass for at least 2 touchdowns in this game and run for 1. The Giants or She-men have been horrible against fantasy QBs this year. Every single QB scored over 20 fantasy pts against them. This one will be a high scoring game. Although I think the She-men will win, Vick will put up a large amount of points against them. Rivers is the safest and best play of all 3. Look at the teams Rivers played this year!! He scored often against the Texans and if it wasn't for a bonehead move that cost him a penalty against the defensive Titans, He would have one that game as well. He buried the Eagles and killed the Cowboys last week with ease. That being said, all those teams are much better defensively than the Raiders! What does that mean!! Rivers will be scoring quite often. Here is my breakdown for you. Vick 302 yards and 2 passing TDs and 85 yards rushing with 1 rushing TD for a total of at least 25 fantasy points. Ryan will through for about 310 yards and 2 passing TDs. They will take the lead early, their defense will score some points here, which will take the load off Ryan and the offense. The running game will be featured a lot here. Rivers will score 4 passing touchdowns and pass for 375 yards and rush for 20 yards for a total of 28 fantasy points. I would go Rivers, then Vick, then Ryan, exactly in that order. Fantasy football is all about matchups. In my opinion, Rivers has the easiest matchup. Vick's matchup is also tasty but I do not like the fact that teams try to take away Desean Jackson and Vick struggles with the other receivers and tight ends.

I've got Vick and Rivers too... I'm thinking Vick has more potential either way could be 40 but also could be 15 where rivers will probably be 25-30

I would go Vick, Giants have looked bad this year

• RayRay

Rivers has been red hot

Rivers is RED HOT! go rivers!