Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 7 years ago

What do you think of my Jelly Bean idea?

I'm thinking of starting a small Jelly Bean business in my town. With flavours like coffee, rum, fudge, mint, liquorish, kiwi and hot chocolate. Something like Every Flavoured Beans from Harry Potter. Do you think there is market for that? Would you buy it? Thanks in advance!

• Tim
    Favorite Answer

Well, you'd have to compete with Jelly Belly and the Harry Potter theme has already been done, but you can successfully sell jelly beans all the time. Do you know anything about making jelly beans? They are not the kind of candy one generally makes at home. It takes a lot of expensive machinery to produce them. That's why small hometown candy kitchens make things like toffee, peanut brittle, fudge, and other confections that can be made in the home kitchen. Things like jelly beans, gummy bears, and licorice twists are usually left to the candy factories because of the expense involved in machinery. But if you can manage it, know that almost every company that has opened up making those more difficult candies has been successful.