Can you smell Halloween/October Air?

Is it just me, or does Halloween/October have a smell, every year I can smell it starting early October...

Can other people smell it? (I cant describe it maybe like a fire log burring in the distance that smells good)

What causes this phenomenon?????

I know this smell, always starts in October...

Favorite Answer

it depends on where you live.

It could just be that where you live the weather starts getting cold in October so more people start using the fireplace, or maybe it's a common time for people to burn piles of leaves in the yard.

Because it happens around the time of the year you start thinking of Halloween, you begin to associate it with Halloween, just like someone who grew up with a mom who baked apple pies the day before Thanksgiving will associate the scent of baking pies with Thanksgiving.

Where I live it's still in the 80s to 90's everyday, so it doesn't smell anything different from summer.

I associate the smell of Autumn with burning leaves, which is a wonderful smell. It seems like leaves are done falling around the end of October, so I think that might be what you're smelling. Plus, the air is crisp so everything smells clean. I love it too.

Yes, it's the scent of fall leaves....

I love it..

Source(s): Nothing on Earth so beautiful as the final haul on Halloween night. _ Steve Almond

i can smell it and it is awsome

I think it's called silaging!

I sure can (: and I LOVE it!!!