Did Vucetich make the right call ups for El Tri?

Looking at Vucetich's call ups, he called up mostly Tigres and Monterrey players. Ayala, Orozco, Aldo, were not even in Chepo's call ups lately, and Vuce comes and all of a sudden half of the squad is from Monterrey/Tigres players. I think right now El Tri needs players who are in top form and in good moments. Teams who have those players are Toluca, America, Santos, Morelia, and Leon.

I would have called these players:

Carlos Gerardo Rodriguez - Defender - Toluca

Isaac Brizuela - Midfielder - Toluca

Raul Nava - Forward - Toluca

Rodolfo Salinas - Midfielder - Santos

Oswaldo Sanchez - Goalkeeper - Santos

Jose Maria Cardenas - Midfielder - Morelia

Christian Valdez - Midfielder - Morelia

Paul Aguilar - Defender - America

Juan Carlos Medina - Midfielder - America

Jose Francisco Rodriguez - Defender - America

Diego De La Torre - Midfielder - Queretaro

What has Aldo done to deserve a call up? He just barely came from an injury, and I think Aldo was surprised when Vuce called him up. Aldo is good, but he's not in form right now. Second what was Vuce thinking leaving out Maza. He may commit silly mistakes, but he has experience, and height advantage. A player of his caliber should not be out of call ups. He's in better form than Ayala. Paul Aguilar also deserves a call up, if Layun got called up why not Ayala. Zavala is ok, but Medina's great vision would help up front. "Recodo" Valdez plays pretty good, could be used as a sub and drop Damian. Chema Cardenas can play in Salcido's defending position as well or take Damian's spot. Raul Nava has been beasting lately, idk why Vuce did not call him up.

I really hope Marquez's presence helps out the NT, and the defense doesn't suffer with Moreno's injury. For Panama they have fast players and I don't know if Marquez or Magallon can stop those Panama players. This is why Mexico needed Maza for the aerial attack should Mexico struggle.

Favorite Answer

Mexico's defense has to break the Panamanian defense and stop Blas.

I understand why he picked players from Monterrey and Titeres. It makes sense since he knows those players really well based on his past coaching gig and with the little amount of time left before the match. However I would have preferred to see a NT with plenty of America players to serve as the foundation of the team. America is the current champion and have been dominating the league, therefore it would make sense to include as many America players as possible due to the great chemistry.

There are some names I don't agree with such as Aldo but overall I think this team could still work. I am intrigued at Lobos's call-up. As long as Vuce gives a good formation and isn't stubborn with the substitutions, we should have no problem.

I honestly like his line up and think hes doing the right thing in calling up the players he called. He knows the players from Monterrey and Tigres well so lets hope this works.Obviously everybody wants to see more América players like Paul Aguilar or Juan Carlos Medina because well they are doing good and are the current champions .

I like how smart the coach is being

He knows he doesn't have time to form a beast team with players from America santos Leon ect

There is only two game left and mexico is at the edge of not qualifying

That why he got players he's familiar with

I think that's the best thing he can do right now

Before he can start expirementing like a lot people want him to do, he's trying to do the most importent this which is help mexico qualify to the World Cup.

It figures cause he coached in Monterrey for almost 4 years. Chepo did that with Toluca so it is not surprising to call up players they know best.

• Layun

I'm surprised his little whore Jonathan was called up. He might cut Jimenez and keep torrado.

Only 2 America players being called up was shocking. Mendoza Muñoz Aguilar Maza Jimenez and medina all should be with mexico

Source(s): It's a fukkkkkken joke how he chose his tigays and Montegay players

@America Campeon. Tigays? Dude shutup. Ur sounding like one of those annoying chivas trolls.

I agree with your callups but who in the blue hell are christian valdez and diego delatorre

Mexico needs tall defenders to stop blas.

All those players you named "la camisa verde le va a pesar"

• Troy

Well since you only watch America games and not all games, you would have seen Aldos amazing game vs Atlas