Why is my android giving me this error message?

My service just got disconnected and I am trying to download an app in the play store so I can text over wifi, which I have done before. Now when I try to download the app I get error rpc:s-5:aec-0 or I get error 927. I have gone into the app manager and force stopped the play store and cleared data. I have toggled the mobile network on and off. I have restarted the device. I am still getting the error! HELP!!!!!!

Favorite Answer

I am having the same problem on my two android tablets this evening. I have also had server unavailable messages and error 926.

I suspect Google Play has a major system problem at the moment. It's a pity Google cannot put up some form of message on Play Store to advise of the problem. May be all their techies are in a bar congratulating themselves on their excellent service!!!

EDIT

About half an hour after submitting the answer above, Google repaired whatever was wrong, and both my Android tablets started updating as normal.

• Walter

Try this...

Go to settings>apps>google play store

Force stop

Clear data

Clear cache

Log back in and try again.

My location was off... I turned it back on was able to download freely