Emma
Emma asked in HealthDental · 7 years ago

I think i clench my teeth when i sleep? should i tell my dentist?

i dont think i grind them because my teeth arent chipped or uneven, jagged, anything like that, but some nights i wake up in the middle of the night and my teeth hurt, like they ache or if i push my tongue/ other teeth against them they hurt, both top and bottom. idk why i would be clenching my teeth, i do have a slight overbite, but its not noticeable unless youre trained to look for it (ie a dentist) i havent had any other problems with my teeth, theyre perfectly straight and ive never needed braces or anything of the sort so idk what would cause it.... so yeah, idk if i should tell my dentist about this or if this is even what it is?

im not grinding. i wouldnt wear a mouthpiece, thats retarted, and that wouldnt even stop clenching

• ?
    Favorite Answer

They make mouth pieces that prevent teeth grinding so be sure to tell them you are doing it.

Salam

discussing with the dentist is the most important key for a successful treatment.

do not hide any details , tell all.

you may need night guards for a while, and a change in your life style, relax and do not be nervous.

good luck

Source(s): i love my jobbbb

You should absolutely inform your dentist. It sounds like you could have some symptoms of Bruxism, which can do damage when left untreated for a long period of time. For more information: http://www.studiodentalcare.com/blog/bruxism-aka-t...