My hand are so dry crack and peeling?

The palm side of my hands (mainly my fingers) have become very dry flakey and get little paper like cuts on them. I have tried EVERY THING and nothing helps. They have been this way for about 3 years. I have been to several dermatologist and they all say eczema and prescribe steroid cream which does nothing. One... show more The palm side of my hands (mainly my fingers) have become very dry flakey and get little paper like cuts on them. I have tried EVERY THING and nothing helps. They have been this way for about 3 years. I have been to several dermatologist and they all say eczema and prescribe steroid cream which does nothing. One of the doctors even gave me steroid injections in my fingers which also did nothing. I live in West Texas and the water is very hard here. I went to San Antonio a few months back just over night but they seem to have gotten better until I got back home. Now last week end I went to Dallas/Ft. Worth. I was there for about 3 full days and they almost cleared up but now that I am back home they are right back to cracking and peeling. I don't know if it is the water or something I am allergic to. I have also been to an allergist. Instead of trying to figure out exactly what is causing this, he want me to take allergy shots which may or may not clear this up. I am at wits end. They itch terribly and I scratch until they bleed and then I have to clear that up so it can start all over again. I drink 60 to 80 oz of water every day and have tried every kind of lotion out there including Vaseline and corn huskers’ lotion, rubber gloves, latex gloves, vinyl gloves, cotton gloves.
5 answers 5