? asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 8 years ago

Invisible part - sew in no glue... questions about this hairstyle?

My English sucks but I will try ask my questions in a way that you understand.

1. How long can you keep this hairstyle? A week, month, a year maybe?

2. I think it can damage your real hair because they are tightly sewed, right? Can it cause hair loss?

3. How do you wash your natural hair? It doesn't seem to me that they can be well washed when sewed.

4. Can you do this to cover hair loss caused by seborrhea?

5. Does it even look natural?

Or can you give me some other useful information about this?

Favorite Answer

I do not recommend them, specially if you've got thin or thinning hair, trying to grow hair or Afri-Amer. They will only make your hair thinner or hair falls.

May 22, 2011: Model and businesswoman Katie Price, who was formerly topless model Jordan, is demanding compensation from a top Los Angeles hair salon after she spent $17,000 on hair colourings and extensions that she claims were botched, leaving her hair so damaged it began falling out.

"Hair extensions can cause some damage to your real hair," says Placid Braganza, a design artiste. "Since they are attached using thermal heat, knotting, braiding or gluing, they can hamper hair roots or even break, split or burn hair strands if not done carefully," he adds.

Published 8-10-12: Even supermodels have bad hair days, but from the looks of this recent photo, Naomi Campbell appears to be dealing with something far worse.

A photo of the 42-year-old beauty vacationing in Ibiza earlier this week shows what appears to be a receding hairline.

Florida hair surgeon Dr. Alan Bauman, who has not treated Campbell, said the former supermodel appears to be suffering from traction alopecia — hair loss due to extensions.

“Extensions, weaves, anything artificial hanging on hair — no matter whether you attach it with glue, special magnets, tape — it’s going to cause damage over time,” Bauman told ABCNews.com. “And unless you give your hair a break from those extensions, it won’t rebound.”

READ: Health Hazards of Hair Extensions - ABC news. http://abcnews.go.com/Health/WomensHealth/health-h...

Bonding or glue-in: Bonding or gluing is a temporary weaving method and usually involves longer hair wefts.

Plus points: This method is quick to do.

Red flags: Hair extensions attached by this method do not last too long.

Example taken from YA HAIR - thinning hair

My natural hair was just past my shoulders. I had 16 inch glue in extensions put in and kept them for about 3 weeks. I took them out two days ago, and not only does my scalp still hurt (it feels as if I ripped out pieces of my natural hair...), but my hair is also SIGNIFICANTLY thinned and slightly shorter.

Traction alopecia is hair loss that occurs as a result of continuous pulling of the hair. Pulling may occur from hairstyles such as tight cornrows, plaits or braids with or without extensions, weaves, ponytails or even hair rollers or curlers. Natural hairstyles can also lead to traction alopecia as well. Long heavy locks and tightly coiled twists can lead to traction alopecia. The hair loss associated with traction alopecia typically occurs at the frontal hairline, at the temples or the area of the scalp above the ears. It may also occur at the posterior hairline. http://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=utf-8&fr=aaplw&p...

Google: Hair extensions causing young women to lose hair June 6, 2013.

Randee Bank also had problems after using hair extensions. "I still have bald spots. The hair has not grown back," said Bank.

Watch: Good Hair a documentary by Chris Rock 2009 on BET or HBO. According to Tyra Banks, 80% of the black population are part of the trillion dollar hair industry. Clips on youtube videos, also.

Google: Worst Celebrity Wigs & Weaves.

Example from YA!

"So for a long time I wanted hair extensions. After a lot of research, I decided to get hairdreams hair extensions. I have blonde curly hair that is just past shoulder length, and when I went for my consultation a few days ago I asked if I should get curly extensions. The woman said that she didn't think so, but she could perm them before I got them, but she didn't think she would need to.

I got them put in yesterday, and they straightened my hair to put them in. This morning I wet all my hair and the extension hair, because I wanted to see how it would look curly. Long story short, I have straight extensions bonded into my curly hair. I really don't like the way it looks, I tried scrunching it, I tried everything I possibly could without using heat on my hair, because my hair is really damaged and I don't like using heat on it.

I want the extensions taken out. I really don't like the way they look, I should've thought about it more before jumping right in to getting them put in. Do you think I would be able to get my money back? They were really expensive and I feel like I just wasted my money".

Sew In With Invisible Part

Invisible Part Sew In

RE:

3. How do you wash your natural hair? It...

Source(s): invisible part sew glue questions hairstyle: https://trimurl.im/i71/invisible-part-sew-in-no-gl...

its not about personality, it just what people would like to do. anyway be careful cuz sometimes dying hair black doesnt alwayz come out right, i've seen it before