promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Why can't Massachusetts governor Deval Patrick grant a pardon to Neil Entwistle?

Entwistle is a British-born man who was convicted in 2008 of two counts of first-degree murder in the 2006 shooting deaths of his wife, Rachel, and their infant daughter, Lillian. He is currently serving life without parole at a Massachusetts state prison. Prosecutors believed that Entwistle killed his wife and child to make it look like a murder-suicide and then fled to his native England, but his defense attorneys have a different story, saying that Entwistle was depressed and was contemplating suicide at the time of the double murder. However, the jury didn't it. They deliberated for nine hours before finding him guilty of all counts. And even though Entwistle continues to maintain his innocence to this very day, he had exhausted all his appeals after the U.S. Supreme Court rejected his final bid for a new trial earlier this year. Everyone who have been involved in the case are grateful that Entwistle is now being held accountable for his horrific crimes and has paid the ultimate price. I'm not much of a believer of second chances, so what do you think?

Update:

What is Neil Entwistle's life behind bars like today?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • jim
    Lv 6
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Because he killed his wife and child.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

Seems to me he needs a new trial. Somethings don't add up . I have read everything but seems there is a loop hole.

• 7 years ago

No reason to do so.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.