Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 8 years ago

Ann Taylor Winter Coat Sizing?

I am interested in an Ann Taylor down filled winter coat online. I'm a busy person and can't get around to an Ann Taylor store any time soon. I heard that Ann Taylor runs big in lighter coats and its wise to size down but I wasn't sure about winter coats?

I'm 5ft 6in, 120lbs and usually wear a small or 6 in coats but can also wear a 4 depending on brand.

I recently discovered that a size small in North Face winter coats is too big for me!

So I'm assuming based on all of this that I want a size Extra Small in an Ann Taylor winter coat?

Sleeve length isn't really important to me, its the fit I care about. If its too bulky or boxy I'm not happy. That was my problem with the North Face coat, the small looked too bulky on me but the extra small looked perfect.

So can some fashion experts help me :) Ann Taylor size small vs extra small?!

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

"fashion experts help me :) Ann Taylor size small vs extra small?!" A fashion expert DO NOT BUY coats, or jackets without trying them on in front of a full length mirror.

A size medium for example is not one size fits all, the sleeves may be too long or the body may be too tight. When you put your elbows together, they should not fit tight on the shoulders.

Nordstrom and Piperline they have FREE SHIPPING & FREE RETURNS. I just ordered 3 from Nordstrom, recently, and all THREE were returned, because the sleeves were too baggy or too long. one can't be altered because it had zipper on the sleeves.

Source(s): I'm 5'2" 120lbs.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.