How to refill my new Zoloft prescription?

I don't want to get into an argument about whether or not I should be on Zoloft, that is beyond the point. Anyways, three weeks ago I finally decided to get help for the depression that had come to control my life and voluntarily admitted myself into an inpatient mental health facility. After three days, I was... show more I don't want to get into an argument about whether or not I should be on Zoloft, that is beyond the point. Anyways, three weeks ago I finally decided to get help for the depression that had come to control my life and voluntarily admitted myself into an inpatient mental health facility. After three days, I was discharged back into society with my new diagnoses (clinical depression, major anxiety, slight ocd, and possibly ptsd) and a one month prescription of Zoloft. As I said, this was three weeks ago and I am now about to run out of that month's supply of Zoloft. Yes, I do feel like the zoloft is helping me, even if ever so slightly, and would really like to continue with the medication/treatment. However, the only way I would be able to see the doctor that originally prescribed it for me would be to re-admit myself into that mental health facility. Unfortunately, that is not an option at this moment. I am not insured. Do not have a regular doctor. I am currently unemployed (part of the reason I needed the Zoloft in the first place was to get me to a mental standpoint where I could look for a job). And am kind of short on money. What would be the best/cheapest route to continue with my zoloft treatment? Do I just go to any doctor and explain my situation? Are there clinics for this kind of thing? Will doctors be willing to write me a new prescription for the Zoloft if they didn't write the initial prescription? Is this something I will have to do every month if there are never refills written? If it helps, I live in Phoenix, AZ.

Thank you for any answers, they are all really appreciated.
4 answers 4