What should I NOT do when selling on craigslist for the first time?

I have some video games and other small items I want to sell leftover from a garage sale. The games are worth more than what people were willing to pay at the garage sale. I don't like the hassle of Amazon or Ebay. I've never tried it. I'm afraid I'll take too long to ship them or forget to do... show more I have some video games and other small items I want to sell leftover from a garage sale.

The games are worth more than what people were willing to pay at the garage sale.

I don't like the hassle of Amazon or Ebay. I've never tried it. I'm afraid I'll take too long to ship them or forget to do anything at all during the school year.

Should I try craigslist and only sell them locally? There's people in my town already doing it.

I don't really know how it works but

1. I would meet them in public place only

2. Give them just my e-mail ( an account just for Craigslist)

3. Cash only

Do I have to give them my number? Should I worry about them asking to see them and then running off with them?

It would great if they were a fellow college student at my university so I could meet them easier, or is that risky?