How do I revert my new google chrome new tab page back to the old one?

Chrome just updated and I HATE it, how do I change it back?

Favorite Answer

Type 'about:flags' into web address bar and press enter.

Then ctrl+f (search page) for 'Enable Instant Extended API'.

Change the drop down box to Disabled.

A relaunch now button will appear, click that.

Then shazam! Old new tab page is back :)

I use a chrome extention called "New Tab Redirect". You can basically tell it to open up whatever "new tab page" you want. In my case, it's the apps page.

Thanks Sacha. I hated the new home page. However, I want to revise your advice just a bit... for noobs (like me). ;)

One should actually type 'about://flags' in the address bar, then ctrl+f and search 'Enable Instant Extended API'. I just typed 'about flags', and got search results.

omg thank you Sacha i missed just opening a new tab to my apps or whatever they call em

You click on control panel and go to add/delete programs. Find Google chrome and uninstall it. Then searchfor Google toolbar for IE and download it.

Another way is to click start and in the search box on the bottom type in System restore. Find a date in BOLD letters that was before you downloaded Chrome then click ok. If successful it will take your computer back to where it was before you installed Chrome.