Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 6 years ago

Questions about law enforcement careers?

So my main goal is to become an FBI HRT sniper. I know its hard but i have some questions. I want to get a degree in forensic psychology and then get a job as a cop. I would then like to get promoted and be a sniper in SWAT. After some time i would apply to be a special agent position in the FBI and after two years hopefully become a sniper in the HRT. I have a few questions though. 1.) would my degree be acceptable?

2.) would my experience as a sniper in SWAT be good enough to go to the HRT?

3.) i heard that they could possibly send people from SWAT to the army sniper school? Is that true? Thanks!!!

• J.W.
    Favorite Answer

Getting law enforcement officer jobs is becoming more and more competitive. Becoming an FBI Special Agent is a very competitive process. Visit the FBI's website. Visit the websites of whatever law enforcement agencies that you might want to work for. Law enforcement agency websites often provide information about their applicant requirements, about how to apply, and about their hiring process.

Getting a college degree is one of the best things that you can do. Forensic psychology might be a good major for you. Make sure to choose a school that is properly accredited, get the highest grade point average that you can, participate in a couple extracurricular activities, get a good internship, do some regular volunteer work, don't do anything illegal, and maintain a good reputation. Unless you have extensive SWAT training and experience or you happen to be fluent in a foreign language that the FBI considers critical, you would probably still have to have at least a few years of professional work experience as a detective or investigator or as a psychologist or something similar to be considered.

• james

This doesn't make sense.most intelligent people don't get a a degree in forensic psychology and then go to a law enforcement academy to become a cop.maybe become a cop and then get a degree.there is so much info here.its just to funny.slow down think about your first goal before u dream about your last goal.if u become a cop there is no guarenteed u will even make the swat team.most agencies u have to be a real **** kisser to even be considered.i was in law enforcement for 10 years and every swat tryout i ever went out for I dominated every one in the agency.i could outrun,out shoot,out lift,out everything to everyone in the entire department including the entire swat team though I was never placed in swat.......the simple reason i didn't walk around with my nose up my supervisors butt.now if u are willing then more power to u but ........lets not put the cart before the carriage.baby steps.

• Reg

Your aspirations are commendable,

BUT

first you have to complete High School, then college, with some Police Sciences majors.

You would have to become a candidate for a Police Department, then after several years on beat duty,

you could apply for special duties.

Usually though, your appraising supervisor would have made his/her recommendations for you

if you showed the maturity and dedication to the career.

Then you might get the call for Special Weapons and Tactics Training.....

Then after some exposure to that type of duty, you MIGHT progress to the Sniper spot.

Better

you should join the Rangers, and go for the Sniper spot right off the bat.

Good luck with your career decision and choice.

Source(s): 75 yrs on the planet - thirty yrs related service

Go see your pastor and your doctor because you are a psychopath. Who wants to grow up and get a job killing people they don't know long distance from a hiding place?! Please seek professional help.