Can you please recommend a good whole home automation center platform?
I am fairly tech savy, but do not know hot to do nuts and bolts computer programming.
Features I would Like:
- The ability to add on as I remodel room to room.
- The ability to access remotely (Iphone, web, etc)
- I do want some switches like for blinds but also want them to be centrally controlled.
- I want to be able to use timers for things like blinds, lights, stereos, sprinkler system, etc.
- Ideally a mesh system
Here is what I would like it to control:
1. whole house audio system
2. intercom (pauses whole house system to use)
3. lawn sprinkler system
4. Security System
- Front door security camera that shows who is at door on cell phone and televisions
when doorbell rings
- notification via text message, lights flashing, alarm sounding for security breach/fire/etc
- Door and window sensors
- motion detectors
5. Motion sensor lights
6. Blinds (I want them to be switch controlled in each room as well as timer and central remote)
8. heated bathroom floor
9. HV AC
10. Garage Door
11. Home Theater
- Denon 3311
- Mitsubishi HC7800D Projector
- Drop-down screen
- Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Series Amp (controlled through 12v)
- Led Ceiling
12. While not required, I think it would be really neat if my whole home stereo could give a room specific command at a given time (weather report and read my daily schedule)
13. Wine Cellar thermostat with humidity reading
And of course the ability to expand as I see other toys. If anyone knows of a good control system that I can likely do myself with some research that allows me to expand on. I am cost conscious, but willing to pay a bit extra for things like expandability, ease of setup, ease of use, etc.