Cleaning out my Laptop for sale?

I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop that came with Windows 7 on it. I'm selling it to a neighbor and i want to completely wipe the entire computer but keep Windows 7 on it. i don't care about keeping Microsoft office. i just want a "new" laptop with nothing but Windows 7 on it. how do i go about doing this?

i don't have the Windows 7 CD since it came with the laptop when i bought it.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I actually just did this for a Toshiba Satellite work computer a couple days ago.

Shut down the laptop. Then hold down 0 (NOT the zero on the numbers pad, the zero above the standard keys) and power it up. Keep holding down 0 until the laptop gives a series of rapid beeps. This will initiate the Windows Restore process and it will step you through a clean sweep of the computer, formatting the drive and reinstalling Windows onto it. You'll be left with nothing but a Windows 7 machine.

It may take some time for it to boot and it may cycle through a lot of installs but give it some time and you'll be all set.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 years ago

As others say there is a hidden partition on the drive , go to the toshiba support website and in the search column put in using system recovery to restore laptop back to factory settings to access it

• 6 years ago

Search the net for your model of laptop and instructions to perform a factory restore. This will wipe the drive and set it back to the way it was when it came from the factory.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

You can call up Toshiba and tell them your model number and computer and ask for a recovery disk and they should send it to you. Or you can buy another hard drive and replace it then put windows on it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

well with out the original disk, your going to have to manually delete and uninstall anything you don't want them to get a hold off.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.