How do I rebuild my immunity after antibiotics?

A month ago I had strep throat and the swelling was so bad I had trouble breathing when lying down, so I went to the doctor and got a 10 day course of antibiotics. The only time I've had antibiotics before this was 2 doses around my wisdom teeth surgery. The strep was taken care of, but then I got a yeast... show more A month ago I had strep throat and the swelling was so bad I had trouble breathing when lying down, so I went to the doctor and got a 10 day course of antibiotics. The only time I've had antibiotics before this was 2 doses around my wisdom teeth surgery. The strep was taken care of, but then I got a yeast infection (not entirely unexpected) and a cold sore, and since finishing the antibiotics I've still been vaguely sick almost constantly, either with a cold or allergy-like symptoms (though I've never had allergies). In the last month I've literally had 2 windows, each less than a week, where I felt normally healthy.

I strongly suspect that my immune system has been thrown off by losing all its friendly bacteria. I've been trying to eat a good amount of probiotic foods, like yogurt and tempeh, but what else can I do to rebuild my immunity after antibiotics?
1 answer 1