How can I help my friend promote his music?(Repost)?

My friend has been pretty down lately and he's a young musician, and I think it'd really cheer him up if his music got a little more notoriety. Not even a lot, just a few hundred views on his videos or something. Is there a good way to help him with this? Like websites to use or something, or a convenient way of sharing that won't annoy people?

(I really don't wanna post on famous Youtube videos like people do where they try and convince people that they are "like" another band and that you should check, because everyone hates those people and just gets annoyed at them and flames their videos.)

Some help would be nice from past amateur musicians who have been in his position. :]

(I posted this in the wrong section, so I'm reposting. Woopsies. xD)

• RJ
    Best Answer

Promote music on Twitter. Twitter is another excellent venue for getting in touch with your fans, promoting your content, and getting more people excited about your music. To promote your music on Twitter, you should actively update your timeline with new information about events, promotions, and album releases.

Promote music on Facebook. The best way to promote your music on Facebook is to create a Facebook Fan Page. This will allow you to connect with your fans and to separate your personal life from your professional life. Use your Facebook page to give fans basic information about your music, to provide exclusive content, and to give information about upcoming releases, concerts, and anything else your fans would like to know about your music.

Promote your music on Instagram. You can use Instagram to reach out to even more fans. You should synchronize your Instagram and Facebook profiles to reach out to more people at once, and use popular hashtags to increase visibility.

Where do you start and how can you get your music known?

Become an author

Sell your work to millions of buyers on the Envato Marketplaces

Envato's top authors make over $20,000 per month

selling digital products and stock to a thriving community of over

3,503,730 users across eight marketplaces and counting.

http://audiojungle.net/user/ERfun/portfolio?ref=ER...