Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 7 years ago

Why do people say yolo and swag and wear Obey clothing?

I've noticed a recent incline in Obey clothing, and snapbacks -cough- Justin Bieber -cough- And as a teenage girl, I'm completely disappointed. Maybe it's just me but that mainstream, generic crap is a huge turn off for me. And anything that Justin Bieber wears is a huge NO in my boyfriend material book (I don't actually have a book like that I promise.)

But seriously though, what's the appeal in that? I've met guys who would have been otherwise cute if it hadn't been for the baggy pants, Obey snapbacks etc. but I had to turn one down and I felt like I jerk but guys like that just look like a douchebag in my opinion.

They also tend to use words like yolo, and swag a lot. I can tolerate the clothing but please don't turn into a swagfag it's such an turn off! I don't know I know I'm not the only one cause my friends hate guys like that as well but I want to know why some people think that kind of thing is appealing.

I'm worried that in the future, there will be no eligible guys because they'll all be the same guys that are around today :(

Why?????

Favorite Answer

all that yolo and swag bullshit is for kids... but the Obey actually was around way before any of this crap. Back in the 90s, there was a tagger who would tag the obey face all over the city (fyi, that's andre the giants face, the former wrestler from the WWF).... then he ended up going to his clothing line...which in my opinion is good for him... from tagging to a successful clothing line... good job

sounds odd