How to pay & report income for a "guy" without a business entity legally?

We are a sole mbr LLC. We hired a roofing contractor to sub on a project. Now that we are being invoiced for the completed work, I find out that his insurance is only "applied for" (I know, we always try to get the COI up front, but didn't here) and he's just a guy, not a business entity of any... show more We are a sole mbr LLC. We hired a roofing contractor to sub on a project. Now that we are being invoiced for the completed work, I find out that his insurance is only "applied for" (I know, we always try to get the COI up front, but didn't here) and he's just a guy, not a business entity of any kind. The way I understand it, if we are paying more than $600 to someone that does work for us, we need to have their TIN for reporting purposes and send them a 1099-MISC. My question is, if he just sends me a filled out W9 with his SS # in his name (not a DBA or anything) is that all I need? (well, besides the actual proof of insurance of course)