Binary Options are a relatively new way to trade options. You trade on the price movement of the underlying asset deciding if it will rise (CALL) or fall (PUT).
Some misinformed people say this is a scam or just gambling and while all investments can be a gamble if you have a sound strategy in place or have some knowledge of the assets you can increase your chances of success. You will not win every trade but it is still possible to earn a living trading binary options and many people do.
I would offer the following advice if you are serious about starting to trade:
- Become familiar with Binary Options and how they work (there is quite a bit of information available and various ebooks that you can download)
- Sign up with a recommended broker - there are many reputable brokers out there such as LBinary, 24Options, Banc de Binary, CitiTrader, Traderush, Opteck etc and contrary to many answers on the subject here many are actually regulated.
- Ask to use their demo system to practice before trading with your own cash. This will give you a chance to get to know the platform and try out your trading strategies.
- Use strategies and read up on your asset and watch for factors that may effect it's price and keep an eye on an economic calendar to see if there are any upcoming events that may cause the asset to rise or fall in price.
- Only invest a small percentage of your total capital in any one trade as you will not win every trade. I usually go with 5%.
Many of the previous answers on this subject are from people who haven't traded or who didn't have a strategy when they did trade and this is probably why they say it is pure gambling and it is pure gambling if you trade that way as you are just guessing which way the asset will move.
There are information sources available with simple and straightforward beginner information that you should check out such as The Binary Options Guide referenced below.
Good luck if you start trading and have fun!