Bad ankle sprain when to weight bare?

I sprained my ankle a few weeks ago and then three days ago I did it again but a lot worse, I was given crutches by the hospital but my mum says I have to start weight bearing even though it still really hurts to weight bare what shall I do?

Favorite Answer

I badely sprained my ankle and I was not given crutches but couldent weight bear for a few weeks without a ton of pain I would say u can walk around your house with out crutches but to go out use them for the rest of the week I know it will hurt but don't walk on it till u can do it without almost crying in pain like I was for the first month but u can start bering weight it will hurt but as long as u can move your foot enough to walk u should be good but if it was like mine and u cant move your foot or ankle at all don't walk.

• Seth

Try bearing weight at 48-72 hours after the ankle sprain if you feel unstable stop. It is more of a feel thing then a hard time

Source(s): How to treat an ankle sprain: http://podpost.us/issue/february-2013/article/how-...