Jacks asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 8 years ago

What is bad weed ? what is good weed ?

I'm doing a research paper on marijuana where I have to write about all aspects of it such as the bad sides of using it (whether i agree with it or not) , and the good . , so I've been looking up the effects that it has on the brain and how it relates to schizophrenia . Out of the 2 main substances in marijuana , THC and cannabinoid , they say that HIGH levels of THC are what cause the dopamine levels in the brain to go crazy , basically making you at risk for schizophrenia . So smoking weed with high levels of cannabinoid is basically healthier and won't put you at risk at all . But would that be considered bad weed ? Like weed that doesn't even get you high the way that high levels of THC will get you ?

Favorite Answer

If weed didn't have THC in it, it wouldn't get you high. The THC in weed is what gets you high. There are two different types of weed--sativa and indica. The two different types result in two different highs. One is more calming, relaxing, and makes you lazy. One is more upbeat and inspiring than the other. Weed will affect all people differently. But, THC is in all weed that gets you high, and most strains of weed probably won't have too much THC.

Good weed= weed that gets you high (aka higher levels of THC.)

Bad weed= weed that doesn't get you high ( low or no THC.)

• D

Amelia did a quite fine job of describing the fundamental differences between cannabis species. To detail it a bit more, cannabis sativa is much more difficult to grow, requiring a long growing cycle and plenty of time to mature. It is common to the equatorial regions, as they have very long growing seasons. To old hippies like me, it is the only weed to smoke, because it is more cerebral and uplifting. Cannabis indica, on the other hand, is indigenous to the hashish producing countries throughout the foothills of the Himalayan mountains. Indica plants are short, stocky, and loaded with cannabinoids. They are very hearty, and easier to grow than Sativas, though the high is more of a physical, stupefying affect. They are fast, simple, and very strong.

For these reasons, most weed is a hybrid of the two species. Indoor growers like the traits of Indica as it best suits their growth requirements. Growing a Sativa indoors is very difficult; lighting and timing just makes it impractical. This is where the seed banks come in, where cannabis botanists breed sativas with indicas looking for a balance of ease of growth WHILE retaining the best effects and smokability.

I haven't even touched the stuff in, well, years now. But I can attest that as far as drugs go it is by far the safest. Teens should probably wait, same with alcohol, but it's not uncommon for young people to smoke marijuana and not be harmed by it.

Yeah I have a lot of trouble with high THC weed, or sativas. But high CBD strains do not give me those psycho panic attacks at all. Interestingly enough many schizophrenics medicate themselves with weed. My schizo friend Jim only ever went nuts on me the day he ran out of weed. Of all the drugs he takes it's the only one that's really effective for treating his schizophrenia.

Weed doesn't cause problems like Schizophrenia it can however make people who have it in there DNA get it sooner. Like if your grandfather had it and your dad did too chances are you will too, and week could possibly speed it up and you could get it soon than you would have. But it doesn't just make someone schizophrenic.

Some of the best weed has more orange stuff in it