Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHome Schooling · 6 years ago

what is secular music?

Is secular music a bad thing? What exactly is secular music?

Favorite Answer

Secular means non-religious. So any music that's not specifically religious is considered secular. Secular music is not good or bad. You may decide that the words or message of some secular music does not support your values. Or you may not like the way the singer acts in a video, so you choose not to listen to that music, but there is probably a lot of secular music that you can listen to and enjoy.

You may decide that the words or message of some secular music does not support your values. Or you may not like the way the singer acts in a video, so you choose not to listen to that music, but there is probably a lot of secular music that you can listen to and enjoy.

Secular = non-religious. So basically anything that is NOT a hymn, liturgical music or gospel would be secular. MOST radio stations play secular music.

My fundamentalist parents were pretty convinced that secular music was "devil music," and I wasn't allowed to listen to it.

I happen to disagree with that, but to each his own.