Leo asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 7 years ago

why is life so boring?

Life is so boring. Everyone does the same thing there parents did and they have no control over that. Everyone is trained from a young age to plan there repetitive life, i just don't see a point in most classes in my school since my brain automatically removes useless information and the things i do like to learn is not worth wasting time. This type of life style does is not healthy for Humans, at least for me i just don't see the point in wasting my life achieving something that i don't want, and that i am forced to do because of my parents. Life would be so much better if i actually had my own choices, and not just an illusion of repetitive work and useless steps of doing things i don't even like. Life would be so much more fun if i could do what ever i wanted and do, and i could just pick my own way to life not just fallow what other people have been doing for so many years. Humans are made to adapt the the way they need to survive and were just way to good at what we were meant to do were actually over powered and we have to cause our own problems just to have some point in life.

Favorite Answer

Among aforementioned "repetitions" is the repeated activity involving breathing, eating... So there are reiterations of the same-ol throughout generations. Albeit, long ago if an individual wanted to say hello to a distant family member or a friend, that would likely involve an arduous journey, even lasting years if crossing oceans were involved at some point - now, we just grab our cell and call that friend half a world away when we stand in line at the grocery checkout, or, watch a favorite movie on such mobile device.... Yeah, some things are repetitive, but, and most importantly, one repetition which waned was the attitude of gratitude. One time people gave thanks for the stale bread amid famine, gratitude for having reached a bomb shelter in time once the carpet bombing began, being so ecstatic they could take one final family vacation despite that terminal illness.... We live in a world of repetitions because some basics haven't been improved upon - such as the need to eat, albeit we improved at least by making the meals enjoyable... - and, we reached such breathtaking levels of convenience which give us greater opportunity to explore our authentic path, yet, at the same time we are increasingly being taught to fixate upon the negatives, to complain and lament...

Right down to us poor people (whatever poverty means), we live in the most fantastic times - we even have the opportunity to enjoy the proverbial "leisurely stroll through the early morning park marvelling at the birds chirping". Yes there is repetition, but, we are increasingly loosing the sense of the actual depth life offers. IMHO. -Pat

• Ni3 years agoReport

This isnt an answer at all, it's just your perspective of the same question. Why was this elected as the best answer? -_-

Why Is Life So Boring

I don't know. I'm one of those people that's never satisfied. I could do the most exciting thing on the planet and still find a way to be bored. It's getting to the point where I just don't care anymore. Nothing is fun anymore. Bored, bored and bored.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

why is life so boring?

Life is so boring. Everyone does the same thing there parents did and they have no control over that. Everyone is trained from a young age to plan there repetitive life, i just don't see a point in most classes in my school since my brain automatically removes useless information and the...

Source(s): life boring: https://shortly.im/fAupi

Old post but I love the talkoflife and purpose. It's very ironic to me thatone of the things that keeps me going is the curiosity of why go at all? I believe there is a Philisophical purpose for all the sciences. For example, I believe that the reason we reproduce instead of living forever is because children are pure and unaffected by the elements of society.They are theoretically the better self. We reproduce for someone to live your life over.. but more optimized and efficient.After decades of living even with everything we have learned and such.. we are still tainted from bad experiences in our childhood etc. Whywe reproduce is we can give children our good experiences and knowledge and sift out the bad.. reproduction is evolution in itself.my analysis is that our natural curiosity to give us motivation and purpose is often ruined by everything we've done. Internet, tv, phones, Societal assimilation basically. The hardest thing to do is find purpose when you can't separate yourself

Source(s): various experiences drawing conclusions with intuition

I just googled this question because i was feeling bored. The "best answer" isn't that great, although he/she is right that we are loosing the depth that life offers. Life is so boring because life is too convenient, too technologically accessible. When you pick up that phone to call someone instead of taking that journey.. you miss the JOURNEY... all the interesting things you'd see along the way. All the feeling of traveling and meeting new people, having accidents happen along the way and having a good story come of it. Life is boring because people do different things but everyone seems to live unilaterally although in the same paradigm. The idea of school- to get a degree that is something you're kinda interested but not your passion and society says its the only way to success although nobody mentions the very high paying jobs such as diesel mechanics can make-, job - something you don't love but can "stand doing" for the rest of your life, kids - because you get bored with your life and think that might make you happy, work some more and then retire - by which you realize you're too old to really do things you wanted to do. Die.

So that's partially cynical but there aren't as many people just going out and doing what they are interested in and trying to make it a living from it, willing to downsize and realize they don't need much to live, don't need to waste years of their life buying a roof to live under, and having faith that their dedication and perseverance to their dream will pay off. That's why hard work pays. It pays when you invest in yourself and in your dreams, thats when hard work pays. Not so much working your butt off at some job, why, because you're not investing in you're dream, you're helping make someone elses come true and seems like most the time nobody cares to recognize what you've done or at least in my experiences.

So if you don't want to be bored, break the grind. Go against the grain and learn what you want to learn. Recently I sailed with a local sailing club, never sailed in my life, and raced some sailboats, met some highly intelligent people and have contacts if i ever wanted to go sailing in my area, build my own boat, needed financial advice or what have you. I started scuba recently.. basically got offered to be an instructor in the carribean for a study abroad business and I havent even finished my open water certification... I mean it'd probably take me over a year to become an instructor (1-2 yrs) so i likely won't be able to take up on the job next summer but seriously, follow your dreams and doors open.

Life is so boring for those who go to work because they have to and not because they love it. When you're stuck in a job, especially a slow placed one or desk job, that you don't get any thrill whatsoever it becomes just some repetitive action you have to go through every day. By the time you get home you're too depressed to enjoy your leisure. Life can also seem boring because we have so much media out there today giving us the impression that so many people are having fun in their life be it controversial or not. Back in the day before television we could only imagine such things from what we hear or what we read. Now that we see it we feel that if we don't have it then we are totally missing out on what we should have in life.

• Tom5 years agoReport

This is the real best answer

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/uY8yi

I live in my car, and I'm openly gay. That's pretty exciting. I almost got beat to death at a bar once for hitting on some guy (who was definitely in the closet). I get a new job every three months, and i'm hopping off of someones wifi in Indianapolis right now. So yeah, but it's pretty lonely to be frank.

Leo, I wonder how old you are. I don't say that to disparage anything you have said, but to encourage you to look forward to all the events that await you in life. I would also encourage you to be more curious about the classes you find boring in school. My grandmother always said that life isn't boring, people are (if they choose to be). I didn't always get it, but I now say, to paraphrase Tom Hanks in Forrest Gump, "Boring is as boring does." In other words, there are many times in life when we can see life as boring, but there are so many questions we can ask or things we can do to take the edge off. We can take a walk and look into the cause of the objects, both natural and man-made, that surround us; we can pick up a book on any topic we wish (and if it doesn't grab us, we can search for one that does). None of this is not to say I have not experienced my fair share of boredom in life, but that I have come to take at least some responsibility for my own contentment or discontent in my day-to-day existence. As for wishing to do whatever I wished, whenever I wished, I challenge you to imagine a world in which all people behaved that way and to figure out why we have placed on ourselves (as individuals, families, and societies) restrictions on such impulses. The world is yours to discover, but you must choose to be interested to see what's out there. All people are born naturally curious about the world (look at any 1-year-old); along the line, certain incidents can affect that curiosity. What are you interested in? What do you enjoy DOING?

although many will call you a youngster or a teenager actually your observations are very correct and questions you give are truly worth thinking. partially, you must always remember to not to ask that question to us, adults. because we are so zombified by this eat-****-work-home life that we don't even feel that we were made for something wonderful. question here is, what makes people to become like this. lack of money is the straightforward answer. you can not enjoy life and can not make your own choices because 90% of your life will be spent either in working hours at your job or on the way to job(or from job).whatever you do, sleep..eat... take shower.. rest.. everything is to get you to your workplace to earn for food and bills. that is it. only way to escape this kind of life is to have money.earning money is as hard as gaining power.well... technically money was invented for many uses and earning it should not be related to power necessarily; however since money can buy power it is considered as the source of power.by power i mean power of military nature. either becoming an influential politician or an employee in superior court or becoming a warlord (or an oligarch).so having an ability to earn good money automatically becomes a question of security. in short hunt for money is always related to some dirty business.your purpose is to generate income for your government, and that's it. make same mistakes... have children so that now they generate income for government.nobody even spits on that you want to be free and happy. .....although you may finds some way to earn by fair labor... it is as hard as hell, and it is very likely that you will fail to succeed in this goal even if you dedicate your entire life to it. planet is overcrowded,worldwide economy is on it's way to slow collapse... one rob and conquer others to sustain themselves... we live in very hard times.people will often blame you. that it is your fault and things. nothing is your fault. life really is boring and your observation is correct. your parents go the same life as ones before them simply because they do not know how to escape this rolling squirrel circle. .........it is not what you want it to be and the choice is not yours. sorry man.. this is the truth. but well.. if you find the way to escape this ratrace... then you will live the way you like. who knows.. maybe you will find the way. here is a simple plan for example, buy 5 apartments in the city center and rent them. it will generate enough $ for you to travel and have fun for the rest of your days. but for this to happen... firstly you will have to buy the apartments that are worth of ~1million (200 000each). that's where problems start :)

Bookmaker. Tanks :)