promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

I live in the state of Maryland and I got a ticket in New Jersey?

A friend of mine license is suspended because he got a ticket in New Jersey that he forgot to pay and the address on his I'd is not his current address so he didn't get anything in the mail. Anyway he has to go to court on Monday for driving on a suspended license because he didn't know his license was suspended in Maryland because of this. Is there anyway he can pay for the ticket now

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Brian
    Lv 6
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

And this is a travel question how?

It is not the state's responsibility to send a scofflaw a reminder to pretty please send in his fine. It is the motorist's responsibility to drive within the law or pay the penalty promptly. Your friend should've had the common sense to know that if he didn't pay the ticket, he would face greater penalties. Now he is learning his lesson the hard way. He might also learn that the law requires him to update his address on his license when he moves. It's obviously too late to pay the ticket now that he has allowed fines and court appearances to accumulate.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

if you got a ticket what does your friend have to do with anything? this is not a travel question, it is a legal one. there is a number on the ticket to call with questions.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.