Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesNew York City · 7 years ago

Laguardia Airport to NEWPORT?

Hi

I am planning a short trip to New York (New Jersey) and I have some questions about the best way to get to Newport.

I will arrive to NYC through Laguardia Airport.

From there until Newport what's my best (and most economic) way to reach my destination? By bus (M60) to Penn Station and then with PATH to Newport?

What other options do I have?

Thanks in advance!

My bad: Newport (New Jersey)

• LJ
    Favorite Answer

Newport, NJ is a very small town in Cumberland County, NJ.

It's almost as far from NYC as you can get and still be in NJ. It's several hours from NYC.

No, you can't take the PATH train , which only serves NJ towns just outside of NYC.

I doubt you could even take an NJ Transit train, as I don't think they go that far south.

You might find a bus going there from the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Manhattan, but even that's a long shot. That part of NJ is poorly served by mass transit (particularly as compared to how well served the northern part of the state is.)

I'm not sure what you want to do is doable.

EDIT: Okay, I just figured out where you want to go.

You don't want to go to the TOWN of Newport, NJ. You want to go to the SECTION of Jersey City called "Newport"!!! There is a section of Jersey City called "Newport".

Yes, you can take the PATH train there. Be sure to get on a train headed towards Journal Square. But you don't want Penn Station in Manhattan. You want to catch the PATH from inside the subway station at 33rd Street and 6th Avenue. The Path train is located at the 33rd street end of the subway statijb called 34th Street Station (the one on 6th Avenue.) The station you want to get off at is called Newport.

LaGuardia Airport is an international airport located in New York City, US. It is situated eight miles from mid-town Manhattan in the borough of Queens and is spread over 680 acres.

The airport opened in 1939 and is operated by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.

• Robert

can't answer you because you didn't mention which Newport you want to go to. There are many Newports in many states. You probably mean Newport, RI but who knows.

newport in which state?