promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

Can a Jedi lightsaber cut through superman?

Thought I'd add to the stupid collection.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Arch
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

That probably depends on how much solar energy Superman has absorbed.

We saw in Phantom Menace that it took time for a light saber to cut through heavily armored doors. This indicates that there are limits to a light sabers cutting power.

The limits of Superman's invulnerability are directly proportional to how much solar energy he has absorbed. So, if Supes has been hanging out on a planet with no atmosphere and very close to a yellow sun (such as Mercury in our solar system) my guess is that he can withstand a light saber blade.

If he's been expending large amounts of energy fighting an alien invasion in the shadow of the moon ... maybe not.

The real question is ... force or no force ... how is a jedi supposed to HIT someone who can move as fast as Superman with a light saber. I mean ... you swing at him - whiff - your blade slices through empty air while Supes laughs at you from 10 feet behind you and 15 feet above.

Another thing a Jedi needs to worry about ... how long can a lightsaber blade withstand the energy output of Superman's heat vision?

The truth is though ... Jedi's never need to worry about fighting Superman. Now that both Lucas Films and Marvel Comics are owned by Disney, there's no way a DC Comics character is getting anywhere NEAR a Jedi.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Mr.
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

Calling this section stupid is Mean.

It all depends on 3 criteria,

1 how hot can a lightsaber get

2 how dense is superman's skin

3 How much heat can he withstand

Superman has survived atomic bombs and can get near the sun, sometimes even enter it's core. Lightsabers have been shown to be inaffective towards certain alien metals :(

So I guess a lightsaber can burn off superman's clothes but not harm him in any way except his self image by making him naked.

• 7 years ago

It depends on the person writing the comic...

• 7 years ago

Absolutely not.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

absolutely

• Sure.

Source(s): Stick the guy under the radiation of a red sun for a few years, a standard prison shiv could do the job.
  • TBone
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

only if the sabre radiated kryptonite.......... bahhhh i just blew your mind

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.