are humans parasites to the earth or are we an invasive species to every environment which we do not belong?

we have been discussing this in my AP Environmental Science class and it is just boggling my mind

• rowlfe
    Favorite Answer

Parasites provide no benefit to the host. So, in my opinion, we are more like an infection, an invasive species. There are a whole lot of things that could happen to wipe us out. Ebola is a case on point. It exists in the animal world somewhere (we do not know where) and has jumped species into us. Bird flu is another example of cross-species disease, but we know where that one lives. Ebola in humans is 100% fatal. No one has any immunity to Ebola. But, whatever the source IS, it evidently is very hard to transmit, or else we would have many more people dying than we have had so far. So, like I said, we occupy the earth exactly like an infection and for which the earth has no immunity.

No - they're just a temporary infection. Soon we will be swept away, and there won't be a trace of our being here.