Whats the cheapest over the counter insulin? ?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Jonah
    Lv 7
    6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

In the United States, there are two over the counter (no prescription necessary) insulins, manufactured by two companies.

They are regular and NPH, and they are sold by Novo Nordisk as Novolin R, Novolin N, and Novolin 70/30 (or other numbers) where the numbers mean a percent- Novolin 70/30 is 70% NPH and 30% Regular. Eli Lilly makes regular and NPH under the name Humulin R and Humulin N.

The cheapest place to buy insulin in the United States is Walmart, which re-brands either Novolin or Humulin as relion insulin. They switch between the two companies. Right now they sell Novolin R, Novolin N and Novolin 70/30, but a couple years ago they were selling Humulin R, Humulin N, and Humulin 70/30.

They charge $24.88 per 1000 units of insulin (and have been charging that same price for decades), with no prescription and no insurance needed. They are only sold in U100 vials of 10mL each.

HOWEVER- depending on your state you may need a prescription for syringes. There may or may not be a syringe exchange giving out no-prescription-needed syringes. Google your location and "syringe exchange" if this is an issue for you".

In other countries of course, the answer is different to that question.

Source(s): I've bought the insulins. And I've done lots of comparison shopping.
  • 4 years ago

Source(s): I Cured My Diabetes : http://DiabetesCure.raiwi.com/?YLZB
  • 3 years ago

Cheapest Insulin

• 3 years ago

Source(s): Cure Diabetes At Home : http://DiabetesGoFar.com/?UqCy
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

Source(s): Help to Solve Diabete http://givitry.info/ReverseDiabetesNaturally
  • Gary B
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

There IS NO Over The Counter (OTC) insulin available. ALL insulin requires a prescription from the doctor in order that you return to the doctor AT LEAST once a year for a checkup to renew your prescription.

Humalog (manufactured by Eli Lilly) and Novolog (manufactured by Novo Nordisk) are the two main types of insulin available. The price per vial is determined by what "Preferred Provider.arrangements" your pharmacy has made with which company.

Note that the two products are NOT directly interchangeable in all cases. While NovoLog and Humalog are pretty much directly compatible, the other premixed products from these companies ARE NOT compatible, and so they REQUIRE a visit to your doctor, and a new prescription, if you need to switch brands for availability reasons.

• 4 years ago

I went to the local Walmart pharmacy he said they don't sell OTC insulin,where and what Walmarts sell OTC

insulin.

• 4 years ago

High blood levels of glucose can cause several problems, including frequent urination, excessive thirst, hunger, fatigue, weight loss, and blurry vision. However, because type 2 diabetes develops slowly, some people with high blood sugar experience no symptoms at all. How to treat diabetes naturally https://tr.im/YYO5F

Symptoms of type 1 diabetes:

Increased thirst

Increased urination

Weight loss in spite of increased appetite

Fatigue

Nausea

Vomiting

Patients with type 1 diabetes usually develop symptoms over a short period of time, and the condition is often diagnosed in an emergency setting.

Symptoms of type 2 diabetes:

Increased thirst

Increased urination

Increased appetite

Fatigue

Blurred vision

Slow-healing infections

Impotence in men

If you think you have diabetes i think you should have a checkup and speak with your doctor just in case.

• R K
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

there is no over the counter insulin. you need a prescription.

• 3 years ago

Hover just above your chair within a squat position for 15 moments every hour.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.