Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Can anyone sum up the tempest in one sentence or so?

I know it seems hard, which is why I'm having difficulty with it. I just need it for the starting line of a paragraph in the essay I'm writing. A very basic summary of the plays plot. Something along the lines on: The tempest, a 17th century Shakespearean play, tells the story of...blah blah blah...

Sorry, I just need an example to help me get started.

Thank you :)

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Thomas
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

From Wikipedia:

The Tempest is a play by William Shakespeare, believed to have been written in 1610–11, and thought by many critics to be the last play that Shakespeare wrote alone. It is set on a remote island, where Prospero, the rightful Duke of Milan, plots to restore his daughter Miranda to her rightful place using illusion and skillful manipulation. He conjures up a storm, the eponymous tempest, to lure his usurping brother Antonio and the complicit King Alonso of Naples to the island. There, his machinations bring about the revelation of Antonio's lowly nature, the redemption of the King, and the marriage of Miranda to Alonso's son, Ferdinand.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.