Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 years ago

Is doing drugs a sin?

I don't do drugs personally. But a lot of kids at my school do. I feel as if they do it just to be popular. Have they dissapointed god? And a side question. Can anyone give me a list of things god doesn't like you to do. I've masturabted but I have repented and ive asked a lot of people if i repented correctly. So far everyone has said yes. But I don't know if i might have sinned in another way. Someone help.

Favorite Answer

Doing drugs is not a sin, but abusing any kind of substance isn't good for you. Certain drugs are even beneficial to health if taken in moderation. Don't focus so much on the things that your God doesn't want you to do, instead focus on what he DOES want you to do, like helping others. Masturbating is completely normal too.

Did you know, in ancient Egypt, the god Atum (pronounced -Adam) was believed to have created the universe by masturbating to ejaculation, and the ebb and flow of the Nile was attributed to the frequency of his ejaculations. Egyptian Pharaohs, in response to this, were at one time required to masturbate ceremonially into the Nile.

I don't know about it being a sin, but drugs ruin lives. They consume you and turn into a different person, they can give all sorts of mental and physical problems and they're a waste of money, too. This kids don't need preaching to, though, they need sympathy, understanding and education and awareness about drugs. They need to know that there's more to life than getting high, and that they can deal with their problems (and believe me, kids that do drugs usually have heaps of problems with their homelife, school, self-esteem etc) in other, safer, more effective ways.

By the way, there's nothing wrong with masturbation. It doesn't hurt anybody and it's completely natural, so don't feel guilty or ashamed about it.

• Terry

Well, we ALL sin EVERYDAY, whether it is by thinking bad thoughts or telling a 'little fib' or hating someone, etc. THAT is why we need Jesus in out Heart and Soul to help us to get better and better and to sin less and less, but as long as we are alive on this earth, we will sin in one way or another, but we should strive to be more and more like Jesus. Now, is doing Drugs a sin? yes, it harms your body, if you get addicted, it will become your god- that will be the ONLY thing that you will think about, and as an Emergency Room RN, I have talked to MANY people on drugs that have killed others while high, or they have developed mental illness as a result and have to be put in mental institutions, or females AND males turning to prostitution to support their drug habit. The Bible says that in the Last Days, "Sorcery" will increase, and the word Scorcery is translated from the word "Pharmakia" which means Poisoner or one that deals with herbs, potions, or drugs. it is the SAME root word that we get our word "Pharmacy" where drugs are mixed, blended, and sold. So yes, drugs are bad and so bad that they are considered witchcraft or scorcery. Drugs such as LSD, I am convinced that they are a door to the spiritual realm with their hallucinations and such, but that is my opinion.

It's got nothing to do with that, but it is a horribly unhealthy habit. As far as quality of life goes, it's something I would never suggest to anyone.

As George Carlin once said in interview:

As time goes on, the pleasure part of taking drugs diminishes, while the pain part increases.

You're not going to miss out on anything if you never take drugs.

Not doing drugs is a sin. Repent and fix your ways now.

Weed isn't. Weed is natural, God made every seed or something right? So why would that be a sin? Weed itself doesn't cause damage to your body either.

A crime in most states, but not necessarily a sin, but could lead to sin..

• Gary B

The Bible teaches that we are to be "as innocent as doves and as shrewd as snakes". The Bible teaches that we are to be "sober minded" at ALL times.

ANYTHING which causes us to fail to achieve these goals is sinful, as they cause us to go against the Word of God.

• india

It makes me sad that someone has told you you're horrible for being human.