Which one is more scarier? The conjuring or Insidious 2?

I have seen the movie the conjuring & it was really scary ! I couldn't sleep every night after i saw that movie . And now, insidious 2 just came out . My friends are inviting me to go see it. But i dont wanna have nightmares again. So can someone tell me which one is scarier . The conjuring or insidious 2 ? The conjuring is rated r & insidous 2 is pg-13 . Can someone explain which one is scarier and why .

Favorite Answer

The Conjuring is like Voldemort's name, we no longer speak of it because we are afraid of sudden combustion.

Insidious 2 is teletubbies **** compared to.... that other movie.

I think Insidious 2, but it is an opinion, The conjuring was GREAT, One of the better movies I've seen in a long long time, as for Insidious 2 I honestly think it was better, the fact I saw it on Friday the 13th made it even better for some reason xD I love that date, but like I said it is a matter of opinion, I kinda think that the music and soundtrack and sound effects sorta set the mood for Insidious better, even if they are produced by the same person. And, The Conjuring, you don't really see any spirits or demons, which is another thing that makes Insidious 2 a bit better and scarier, I like how you can see the demons, you SEE them do things, I think that's a major rise in Insidious 2, it's mainly a matter of opinion but I would say Insidious 2.

Personally, my opinion might be slightly biased, having just saw Insidious 2 two nights ago on opening night. It is fresh in my mind, unlike The Conjuring, which I saw well over a month ago. I do think that Insidious 2 had a better more intriguing story line, which fell into place really well, but The Conjuring offered more scares for me. Partly the reason I found The Conjuring scarier would of course be, it's based of a true story. Meaning it could happen. Insidious 2 was mostly just for a few scares. If I did have to choose which one i enjoyed more however, it would be Insidious because of it's less predictable story.

Conjuring. Better actors based on a true story. Insidious 1 was scarier,but the conjuring has a chance to be an all Time great horror movie

Source(s): Saw both

I don't see why not, it's a great movie I loved it so it shouldn't be a let down for her, and if she loves horror movies, what the heck, y'know? Besides, The Conjuring is rated R and Insidious 2 is rated PG-13, so that's saying a little something about some parts of the movie I guess, and I've seen both of them, both were great movies, and if she saw the first one I'm sure she's dying to see the second one because of the first ending. I say let her go see it.

I thought Insidious 2 was a lot scarier. There are more disturbing aspects in this movie than The Conjuring, and the music is a lot creepier.

Source(s): I saw both

I guess it depends - they are both families being haunted, but The Conjuring involves possession and an exorcism. Insidious 2 is a little deeper and more unique - there is a possession (the father) but it also involves astral projection (out of body experiences) and has a whole lotta back story. I preferred Insidious 2. It is a little more unique than The Conjuring, in my opinion.

Source(s): Me :-)

definitely insidious 2 is scarier 100 times

insidious and insidious 2 both rocks. conjuring, mm... its not bad , ok but cant touch insidious .

cause , many ghost movies are about exorcism of ghosts. but this movie is about something totally different. i vote for insidious only!

like the top comment, insidious 2 just like teletibies, it tather like action movie with guy using weapon goin around and hiting people, the conjuring is far better