Is this Child Endangerment?

I recently moved to Missouri not too long ago, and I know someone who currently has a revoked drivers license. She is constantly driving with her three children around while having the revocation. I was wondering if that was considered child endangerment. I know it is in some other states but is it considered child endangerment here in Missouri? Any advice would help and if you have the statute or information where you got the information that would be great!

• Rick
    Favorite Answer

That is breaking the law, but I wouldn't think that driving (carefully) while having a revoked licence is child endangerment. Driving poorly (racing, aggressive driving) could be considered endangerment.

Source(s): My own opinion

It isn't just child endangerment, it's criminal disregard. She's endangering everyone who rides with her, and everyone who happens to be on the road at the same time. What she is doing is illegal. A license isn't revoked just on a whim - she's done something pretty serious for that to have happened. For her to continue to drive is contempt for the law - and that is illegal.

How would you feel about reporting her to your local authorities?

• justa

I can't find anything about that specific problem, but she's not supposed to be driving at all.

She may have a hardship permission, but otherwise she's at risk for jail time.

If you want to find out for sure, call the CPS or DYFS in your area and ask them, they won't say it was you if you do, they take anonymity seriously.