Objectively speaking, who is more famous: Oprah or Madonna?

• Favorite Answer

On what basis do you define Fame?

Oprah will probably be because she is the wealthiest , She makes a Big Public announcement about her giving Charity, whereas Christians do so in silence, not letting anyone know, besides she does so to gain Liberal support for her , She cares nothing for people really, just her own agenda,as For Madonna ? she is an etertainer, and a losuy one at that, Ohh I am sure she will have her loyal fan base, I myself find her crude and low brow.

Source(s): TR

No doubt both are famous. However, Oprah may have a more lasting fame through her greater acts of charity, both in the USA & in other places, such as in her school in Africa & in other foundations. Oprah's network & magazine also keep her fresh in our minds.

Certainly, Madonna has matured in her talent, & I don't mean to underplay her fame in that. I haven't followed much of it, but I do remember being surprised that she had some acting talent in the one movie that I saw, "A League of Their Own," or some similar title. I found her to be highly entertaining & fun in her role. I see online that Madonna has also donated money in Africa, but she hasn't rec'd quite so much publicity as Oprah in her acts of charity, but she seems to be simply following the example at this time & isn't yet up to the works of Oprah in that. Time will tell, not that it's meant to be a competition for great fame. If their hearts are pure in doing their best, that's to be commended & nothing more. There's some criticism from the countries, but hopefully, that may be worked out in time.

You will note that Yahoo placed your question (unless you did it intentionally) in the Religion section.

You fail to specify who you are asking about.

You fail to specifically define what you mean by "more famous".

In other words you fail to provide a basis for us to be objective.

Fail.

Pee Wee Herman

Jesus the Christ. This is religion and spirituality - not Hollywood.

who cares?