What is the best carseat for a 2 year old tall toddler?

My son just turned 2 & is a little over 3 feet already & his head is almost at the top of the carseat now

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What is the best carseat for a 2 year old tall toddler?

My son just turned 2 & is a little over 3 feet already & his head is almost at the top of the carseat now

Source(s): carseat 2 year tall toddler: https://tr.im/Tn7UF
  • Bobbi
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

Some Britax seats are not tall of enough shell for a tall child. And weight? LOL, our 9 year old weight only 60 pounds. So those seats that say 65 - 100 pounds is not what to go by for fit What is your budget? The First years True Fit and Diono Radian has a tall shell.

Source(s): Again ---- Britax have shorter shells than seats like Graco MySize. You need a tall shell + 17 inch top slots for longest use in the harness.
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

What kind of seat does he have at the moment? I'm assuming a convertible that can rear and forward face?

Rear-facing is always the safest option for a child of any age, but unfortunately the highest rear-facing seat I know only goes up to 44". This is the Diono Radian RXT. This would be ideal for your tall son. It holds from 5-45lb and from 19-44" rear-facing, and then forward facing from 20-80lb and 57" in the harness, and then a booster up to 120lb and 57". My son just turned forward-facing and he is 6.5 years old. He is small though. Other options are The First Years True Fit C160, Graco MyRide 65, Akta Graco DuoFlex, Britax Multi Tech, Britax Boulevard, Britax Marathon and many others.

If you do not want to rear-face him (which would be selfish on your part as it is WAY safer) you can purchase a forward facing toddler seat. These only forward-face, and typically hold from 20-65lb and up to around 52".

The Graco Nautilus holds from 20-65lb in the harness, 30-100lb as a booster and then from 40-100lb as a half booster. It also holds from 27-57".

• KitKat
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

as long as the seat can accommodate the child's weight, it will be perfect for the next 3-5 years. if not, invest in a seat that grows with the child (birth to 80 pounds). visit any shop selling baby supplies to see a plethora of options that fit any budget. have the pros at the local fire station or ambulance service help with installation since safety is most important.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Rick
    Lv 5
    6 years ago

Britax seats are have long service times. Check Consumer Reports for more ideas.

• 6 years ago

Mine is quite tall and we have a Britax. Expensive but worth it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.