Made up names? What do you think?

What do you think about made up names? And why? What really is a made up name anyways? Isn't that how all names start, so then why do people hate on them so bad? Can you make up your own meanings for them? 10 pts best answer goes to most detailed, with some made up names of their own :)

• Leah
    Favorite Answer

I agree. A name has to start from somewhere. I think some people just think a name isn't legitimate unless there's, "a history behind the name." I personally don't put a lot of stock in name meanings, but I don't knock it for those who do.

For one, each person that has a particular name isn't going to exact the same character that the name means. Like Mara, it has a sad meaning, but that doesn't mean a girl named Mara is a sad person. She may be a happy, upbeat girl.

A second reason is a lot of names have different meanings depending on the country of Origin. So one name can have several meanings!

I will say I have seen some less than worthy made-up names on here. But sometimes, they are just not my taste. I am somewhat picky, but I like several naming styles. Here's some that I personally like. These are names I thought of and never seen before, but they very well could already be a name and I just didn't know it.

Breelyn- I like this as a middle name

Eviette- ehv-ee-ette- another middle name

Kaydria or Kaydriana

McKayda- It's pretty like McKayla, but a little different.

Marenka

Vatoria or Vitoria- I'm not a fan of the original because of the Vic part, but I love this variation.

• Imogen

If you're going to make something up it better be good. I'm tired of seeing names like Courtlinne, Bentleighah, Braelynne I swear these are literally names I've seen people either use or attempt to use.

I was going to say all names were made up at some point.

Tate Micah

I think they can be awesome as long as they don't sound made up, like someone took two names and just smushed 'em together.

Some names I made up:

Alynnia (Uh-lynn-uhhh)

Brynnette (Bren-ette)