Why are my instagram hashtags not working?

I just realized they haven't been working because it doesn't get any likes from anyone who's *not* my follower (i.e. the people who have been liking my photos are only my followers.)

1. For one, i BARELY put more than 6 hashtags. (I don't even do any of those hashtags like #tagsforlikes or something like #followforfollow, I just don't like those)

2. My profile is public, not set to private.

3. I've already linked it to a facebook account (a fake one though, since I don't use facebook. I'm not active on that fb acct though, I just use it to connect my instagram to that.)

4. I've already tried re-installing the app, and restarting my phone.

5. I've also tried putting the hashtags on the comment section (instead of on the caption), deleting them, then putting them back as a comment.

(2 weeks ago, I've also used Gramblr, and it seems like that app may have caused this to my acct)

This has been going on now since exactly 2 weeks ago.

Has anyone else here encountered this issue?

I can't even contact instagram because they removed their contact email from their own website.

Any help would be appreciated.

Favorite Answer

i had the same problem but figured it out, there are corrupt hashtags go through your hashtags you caption your picture with and whichever one shows up as unavailable delete it and the rest will work.

• bemben

Tagsforlikes Hashtags

Just an update on my previous comment. I deleted all captions on my photo's that had any kind of hash tag. I then went onto one of my photo's with no likes or comments and put a simple hash tag #cupcakes which isn't a very popular tag and still my photo did not show up in the category. I then went onto the new account I had made the other day again as the photo I uploaded on their has no caption or comments. I first commented #instagram #photography and it didn't work as they are banned pages. I then commented #beach and it worked. SO the solution first is to delete all your captions that have hash tags in them. Once you've done that test one photo by commenting a unpopular tag on it like #bubbles or some crap and if your photo still does not show up in the category there is definitively something wrong with your account like mine and maybe Gramblr might be the cause of it so if you make a new account but then upload a photo via gramblr with no hashtags in the caption, then comment on the photo with an unpopular tag if it still doesn't show there is your problem gramblr destroyed your Instagram apart from that there is no really other answers.

I m getting the same thing, but instead of the new photo getting likes, photos from years and years ago which I have not (recently) hashtagged are suddenly getting likes instead >.< is this a glitch? I tried quitting the app, updating it, turning my phone on and off, pretty much everything I could do but nothing s happening :( the hashtags don t seem spammy to me at all

Found that it was a bad hashtag I'd used. #photography. When I clicked on the hashtag it would say no images uploaded yet. Every post I used this hashtag on seemed to keep all the other hashtags from working. Frustrating but there you go.. Issue fixed.

Solution for me: you need to be linked to an ACTIVE facebook account! As soon as i had linked it to mine the hashtags started working again and i got the likes i used to as before. Since instagram are now linked with facebook, it's a sly way of them getting you to use facebook to. sucks i guess but it works hope this helps.

Same here :( I just put so many nice pics and I barely got any likes. I have no clue how to fix this ...if you find out my instagram name is inspir8 plz comment on one of my pics and tell me how you solved the problem if you do and I'll do the same for you

The same thing is happening to me and its driving me up the wall ! Even when friends HASHTAG on my photo it won&#x27;t come up either ! I don&#x27;t know how to fix this

Hey, try this, it worked for me http://dreevoo.com/content.php?id=1606

Same thing is happening to me:'(

Source(s): Me and instagram