Should I tell my fiancé about my past battle with porn?

I think it's something he deserves to know before I marry him, but at the same time I don't want him hurt or always comparing himself to the men in the wretched stuff I watched. Im scared of his reaction, but i dont want to go into my marrige with this heavy in my heart. I was in my late teens during this struggle. We are both Christians. Please advise.

• Lv 4
    Favorite Answer

I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years, and after 1 year we were together, he told me about his previous 'addiction' to porn before he met me. He's Christian, i'm Atheist, but i'm glad he told me out of free will cos that's trust.

Yes! He is the man you are going to marry and their should never be any secrets. I think it will do you a lot of good to get this off your chest too. Also, don't feel so guilty for watching porn when you were young.

If your past battle is a) 100% in the past and b) was only watching, not making; then it is entirely up to you.

If you are a practising christian, go to confession.