i cannot put things in my drive d,e or f?

basically i have 4 hard drives c,d,e,f.In c there in windows 7 and its almost full.I want to put things in drive d but i cannot, when i put things the space is occupied on drive c which is full.I dont know what is happening i tried to format drives d,e,f.i can format e and f but canniot formate d it shows a message that "windows cannot format this drive.Quite any disk utilities or other programs that are using this drive,and make sure that no window is displaying the contents of the drive.Then try formatting again." please please help me i have some very importants things to transfer to my computer. and also tell me why i cant put things i d

• David
    Favorite Answer

Hi,

You have to delete few files from C drive first say any downloaded movie which can be re downloaded. this should create enough space in your C drive for files to copied to other drive. There is nothing wrong with your E and F drive the problem is with low disk space in C drive because of which copy operation is not initiating. You can also delete temporary internet files to create more space. hope this answer your question.

• Adrian

A couple of possibilities:

1) D: drive is a recovery partition, protected from formatting. Usually they do not show up in Windows, but maybe in your case it does.

2) You have a page file or swap file on the D: drive. That means it is in use by the system. You have to move the pagefile to another disk, reboot, and then format D:

Why not copy the files to the E: or F: drive?