Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

K-Means Clustering in C Programming?

Hi,

I need to implement K-Means Clustering simply in C for my project, but I have a few problems.

Primarily, is it possible to do it in C? I have a pseudocode but I can't reason it out. The program needs to read a "txt" file which includes some information that program will use, like data points, cluster numbers, dimension-size etc. I suppose I need to put these data in dynamic arrays but I couldn't and I can't do it... I also have some problems with loop codes...

I think it's not about writing the code, it's all about algorithm and this is the part that I couldn't solve.

I need your help...

Thanks.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 5
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes it is possible to do it in c

http://cs.smu.ca/~r_zhang/code/kmeans.c

There are are implementations but this is a test of your programming skills

I suggest you dissect several of the programs and then write your own version.

The programs out there may do too much or to little but you will at least see some examples

Of how to code.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.